He first joined the online SC4 Community on February 24, 2006, starting at Simtropolis, after a lengthy period of time playing "vanilla". His initial foray into custom content was a series of road sign lots, released on the STEX shortly after he joined, which he has since retracted, considering them a product of "youthful inexperience".
After a brief hiatus, he became involved in the RealHighway Mod (RHW, then "Rural Highway Mod") project starting in October 2006, going into puzzle piece production. A fateful PM from jplumbley in December led to his initial investigations into RUL 0x10000002, which led to the start of the Network Widening Mod (NWM) project, which was finally debuted in May 2010 after a three-and-a-half-year development cycle.
He was invited to join the NAM Team in February 2007. With the departure of RHW project founder qurlix, he took over that project in March, releasing his first full transit mod, RHW Version 1.3 in April 2007. Tarkus was also responsible for getting the RHW integrated into the NAM with the Version 1.3b release in June 2007, effectively preventing the RUL conflict issues, like those between RHW Version 1.2 and the December 2006 NAM release.
That year, he also began a series of collaborations with dedgren and memo, which resulted in the Road Wide-Radius Curve puzzle pieces released with the June 2007 Network Addon Mod. This collaboration has continued on with the FAR/FARR Project, the fruits of which were seen in the NAM 24 release of January 2009.
He has continued with the development of the RHW, releasing Version 2.0 on January 1, 2008, which introduced the Modular Interchange System, and a substantial update, Version 3.0, on January 14, 2009, incorporating the long-anticipated Wider RHWs. The most recent RHW release Tarkus was involved in was the version included in NAM 32.
In addition to his modding pursuits, Tarkus also entered the realm of Mayor's Diaries, beginning at first with Argentum in April 2007, which ended after only a couple of updates. However, his second attempt, Tarkusian Cities, proved more successful and was elected to the SC4Devotion Mayors' Diary Hall of Fame in November 2009.
- Oregon-Style Speed Sign Sets
- Released April 2006, no longer available
- RealHighway Mod
- Version 1.3, April 14, 2007
- Version 1.3a, April 28, 2007
- Version 1.3b, June 1, 2007
- Version 2.0, January 1, 2008
- Version 3.0, January 14, 2009
- Version 3.2, March 7, 2009
- Version 4.0, May 9, 2010
- Version 4.1 August 16, 2010
- Version 5.0 September 15, 2011 (last release as separate-download plugin)
- Network Addon Mod
- Version 21, June 2007 (Road Wide-Radius Curve Pieces with memo and dedgren)
- Version 22, January 2008 Update (EffDir Modding, RHW RUL updates, LHD Paths for Rail Viaducts)
- Version 23, April 2008 (RHW RUL updates)
- Version 24, January 2009 (Wide Curve/Fractional Angle Pieces with dedgren)
- Version 25, March 2009 (RHW RUL updates)
- Version 26, June 2009 (RHW RUL updates)
- Version 27, July 2009 (RHW RUL updates)
- Version 28, May 2010 (Turning Lane Extension Pieces, RHW/NWM RUL updates)
- Version 29, August 2010 (RHW/NWM RUL updates, packaging/installer)
- Version 30, September 2011 (RHW/NWM RUL updates, packaging/installer)
- Version 31.0, March 2013 (RHW/NWM updates)
- Version 31.1, April 2013 (RHW updates)
- Version 31.2, June 2013 (RHW updates)
- Version 32, January 2014 (Elevated Road Viaducts, RHW QuickChange and FLEXRamp Systems)
- Network Widening Mod
- Version 1.0, May 9, 2010
- Version 1.1, August 16, 2010
- Version 2.0, September 15, 2011 (last release as separate download plugin)
- Signage Piece Mod (shelved)
- Street Addon Mod
- Versions 1-3 (Technical Assistance, Starter Pieces)
- Turning Lane Extension Pieces
- Since NAM 28
- Terrain Mods
- NHP TRK Wasco Terrain Mod (Alpha), May 2008